Download Star Maps for the Constellations Tonight Planetarium Show
If you have feedback or suggestions, please fill out this simple form.
* If you are presenting Constellations Tonight in the southern
you will have to modify the show script as follows:
- In the Sky Map activity, where the
"...let's use the map to find the Little Dipper..."
suggest you say instead
"...let's use the map to find the Southern Cross
- Then change all references to"Ursa Minor," "North,"
and "northern" to
"Southern Cross (Crux)," "South," and "southern"
- In the "Motion of the Stars" activity, change
references to Big Dipper, Polaris, and North Star to Southern cross.
You can mention the North Star as being a star that never moves in the
northern hemisphere, but there is no equivalent bright star that never
moves in the southern hemisphere. You can instead describe a method of
finding the south celestial pole using the Southern Cross (Crux).
- Finally, you'll need images and stories to go with southern
constellations to replace "Versions of the Big Dipper" as optional
section of the show.